Autumn Days in All their Splendor
Today in Ohio it was a gorgeous Autumn day, with sunshine and warmth. We spent some time outside today crunching acorns underfoot and their crispness reminded me of acorn collecting days as a child. My own children and I scavenged through replacing tops, finding sprouts and imaging new Oak trees trying to grow into the sun. The leaves on the trees are melding into yellow hues, with patches of vibrant red and orange. A drive through the countryside had us dreaming of lovely oil paintings and beautiful photographs. One of the best things about Fall are the colors, and of course the acorns. I’ll be heading to bed dreaming of tiny squirrels filling their homes for the winter.
- When is the best time to pick acorns.? (greenanswers.com)
- Great drives to take in autumn’s colorful splendor (msnbc.msn.com)
- Enjoy Ohio’s fall beauty by train: travel in 3s (cleveland.com)
- 40 Great Destinations For Fall Travels and Getaways (privatejetcharter.net)
- Fall Crafting: Five Nature Projects to Do in Autumn (craftingagreenworld.com)